Role: Bid Manager
Location: Home Based although there will be a requirement to visit our offices, or clients as needed.
The Bid Manager is responsible for managing all contract and framework opportunities from qualification through to contract award, including value proposition / strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, technical teams (Contracting, Design, Ecology), finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Manage the bid budget
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award.
Personal and Professional Qualities
- Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and through written work
- Excellent I.T. skills
- Good social skills and an understanding of the importance of positive interaction with colleagues, customers and others
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of contract law
- Ability to concisely summarise information from multiple sources
- Experienced in the management, and getting the best out of small teams.
Qualifications and Experience
- Typically degree educated. APMP Practitioner or Professional level, but not essential
- Experience within similar sector would be preferable but not essential
- Significant previous experience of developing high quality proposals and method statements or leading tender processes
- Commercial experience of analysing projects to identify opportunities for competitive edge and margin improvement.
- Experience of receiving input from different internal sources and being able to mould into the optimum solution for the business
- Demonstrable experience of working within a fast-paced business environment.
- A safe and friendly place to work
- A personalised development plan and clear career progression
- Varied projects and clients, fantastic exposure and on the job learning
- A £500 annual training budget, with more available subject to business case
- Support in gaining professional memberships and chartership where appropriate.
You will be enrolled on the company pension scheme and have an annual leave allowance that increases with years served. We have over fifty staff working from our two offices in Salisbury, Leamington Spa covering design, contracting and ecology there are numerous opportunities for career progression.
To apply for this role please submit a CV and cover letter here: https://talent.cake.hr/jobs/71e5c7a2-4077-4686-9dc7-5d5d7635aaa2