Role: Environmental Monitoring Assistant / Officer (DOE)
Location: Home based – located near Royal Tunbridge Wells
Contract End: November 2021
Package: £17k – £22
This role is a fixed term contract working with a small team carrying out wastewater investigations in aquatic habitats across the UK.
- Collection of surface water quality samples, sediment samples and freshwater macroinvertebrate samples required to inform a range of investigations across the South East of England
- Organising day to day requirements to ensure our programme of sampling is completed on schedule and budget
- Data entry and management
- Supporting project planning and delivery.
Personal and Professional Qualities:
- Excellent time management and a methodical approach is essential as you will be required to plan and schedule your time over numerous sites across a wide geographical area
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- An excellent attention to detail and record keeping ensuring robust collection of data
- The ability to work at a steady and consistent pace with a high level of precision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communications. Although remote working you will be part of a wider virtual team and effective communication is essential
- Work experience of undertaking surface water quality sampling for a range of determinands and use of instrumentation
- Experience of working in, on or around water and knowledge of health and safety processes are essential
- Knowledge around sample management, processing and analysis is desirable
- Experience using digital data capture is desirable
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 certified is desirable
- Member of professional body (E.g. CIEEM / CIWEM)
- A positive attitude, highly organised and motivated
- Computer literate
- The role will include considerable amount of driving each week across the South East. Full clean driving licence is essential.
- A safe and friendly place to work
- A personalised development plan and clear career progression
- Varied projects and clients, fantastic exposure and on the job learning
- A £500 (pro-rata) annual training budget, with more available subject to business case
- Support in gaining professional memberships and chartership where appropriate
You will be enrolled on the company pension scheme and have an annual leave allowance. We have over 60 staff working from our three offices in Salisbury, Leamington Spa and Hatfield covering design, contracting and ecology there are numerous opportunities for career progression.
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a cover letter to https://talent.cake.hr/jobs/a1b01c2d-0ae9-4512-94e7-3f7307d373f1. Alternatively, if you have any questions about this role then please contact email@example.com