Five Rivers Environmental Contracting Ltd is an industry leader in specialist environmental contracting, habitat management & environmental monitoring. Due to a period of sustained growth we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join our leadership team. The Financial Controller will take on ownership of the monthly accounting and reporting of this rapidly growing business and will manage a small finance team with overall responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, commercial analysis and supporting with year-end. This Financial Controller role is highly visible across the business and will include partnering with other departments, driving the very best financial performance, and ensuring that we are making well informed commercial decisions.
This fantastic opportunity also comes with real scope for development supported by plans to double the business size over the next 3 years, the role offers mentoring from a part time Financial Director with a view that the Financial Controller grows into the Financial Director role over this period.
This role would be regional to support sites in Salisbury, Coventry & Hatfield. This role would best suit somebody midlands based due to the locality of the main cluster of our work, however we are fully flexible for the right candidate. The successful candidate will possess an ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualification
Roles and Responsibilities of a Financial Controller include but not limited to:
- Preparation of the company’s annual budget and forecasts
- Review and presentation of the month-end management accounts
- Enhance the company’s financial control systems to ensure the completeness of income and the development of a Purchase Order accruals system
- Develop a more disciplined approach to the allocation of labour costs to individual contracts
- Various projects including potentially bringing Payroll in-house
- Development of the company’s management information to provide detailed monthly contract costing reports as well as detailed monthly operational departmental performance analysis
- Provide detailed financial reports for contract performance at the end of each major contract and present to the SMT at “wash up” meetings
- The introduction of weekly KPI’s with all operational departments to ensure the Board has a weekly picture of the company’s business and financial performance
- Management of the weekly preparation of the 13-week cash flow forecast
- Year-end accounts preparation
- P&L and balance sheet review
Financial Controller skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/CIMA/ACCA
- Knowledge using Sage (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office programs especially Excel.
- A demonstrable knowledge of relevant financial accounting reporting rules.
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with a wide range of people via phone and email.
- To be confident with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience of the construction and contracting industry
- Prepared to work on site as and when required
What we offer
- Competitive salary (40-50k) + bonus
- Pension ERS contribution
- Flexible working across core hours
- Enhanced annual leave (25 days + bank holidays)
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
To apply for this vacancy, email email@example.com, including your CV.