General Site Supervisor – Contract
Five Rivers have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced site supervisor / foreperson to join our projects team in Coventry. this role will support Five Rivers with the enabling works on the prestigious HS2 project. The position is responsible for the day to day effective management of the site as delegated by the Site Agent & forms an integral part of the site management team. They are to ensure the correct and timely delivery of all projects on site to all recognised best practices and in keeping with project time scales. The role will be responsible for all aspects of site safety as well as the management of all site staff.
Role responsibilities include but not limited to
- Lead from the front and ensure that Five Rivers is the best we can be.
- Support the delivery of projects with the Site Agent.
- Assist with the timely delivery for the construction phase within budget, reporting directly to the project specific Site Manager & Project Manager.
- Plant management & reporting including all LOLER/Certifications
- Support the Contracts Manager & Project manager with project development & Initial project planning
- Support the Site Manager ordering of all plant, materials required onsite, sub-contractors, tools and vehicles (with less than 1 months lead in time)
- Partake in Pre Construction Meetings & Project Close Down meetings with PM & SM
- Responsible for Teams Tool inventory, ordering repairs and replacements where required.
- Plan and allocate resources effectively to meet program targets.
- Carry our gang briefs to produce POWRA.
- Report effectively to the SM on project progress and daily updated allocation sheet.
- Provide early warnings of issues and highlight potential delays to the SM
- Ensure BuilderStorm is used throughout the site teams
- To ensure compliance & IMS reporting requirements are met
- Seek approval from the SM should an item required onsite be over budget or not from Approved supplier list
- Check working hours and OT for Operations team and report accordingly to Site Manager
- To measure and report on all Approved Suppliers
- Understand the Budgetary process to enable SM and PM to produce accurate cost forecasting.
- Health & Safety:
- Ensure all H&S legislation is complied with onsite.
- Assist with production of RAMS and site paperwork to ensure they are fit for purpose and up to date. Complete Point of Work Risk Assessments (POWRA) Permits and add to the Site RAMS & Site Induction
- Immediate reporting of all accidents to the SM & PM
- Daily reporting of all near misses
- Assist the SM staff appraisals of Senior Site Tech’s & site staff
- Reporting concerns & Issues to relating to staff matters to the SM
- Inform SM of PPE replacements & uniform where required
- Ensure that site welfare accommodation are appropriate and maintained, suitable and within budget
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years site & supervisor/foreperson experience
- CITB SSSTS qualified or equivalent
- Gold or Black CSCS card
- Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations 2015
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Ecological knowledge (desirable)
- Experience of operating within and supervising field teams.
- People and line management skill
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Physically fit and highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Demonstration of leadership qualities
- Eye for detail and the ability to report and record change
Job Types: Contract
Salary: £250.00 to £350.00/day depending on experience
For an informal discussion please call 01722 783 041
To apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this vacancy, email email@example.com, including your CV.