We are looking for one more site technician to support our water teams delivering environmental enhancement projects of varying lengths. The role will typically involve working in river channels, assisting with building river beds, landscaping water meadows, pinning trees into rivers and creating natural and sympathetic looking ponds, channels and banks.We are looking for physically fit, motivated, hardworking, passionate people to deliver major environmental projects all over the country. Please note that this is a temporary position until March 2021 but there may be a possibility to extend.
· Working in waders / life jackets
· Bank protection installations using hydraulic post drivers
· Tree surgery, chainsaws & power tools
· Undertaking construction site roles
· Working around protected species and within sensitive wildlife sites
· Staying away during the week (Accommodation & staying away allowance included)
We a looking for the following personal & professional qualities:
· Awareness of environmental issues
· Physically fit and highly motivated
· Exceptional communication skills
· Able to stay away Monday – Friday
· Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
· A positive can-do attitude
· A full clean UK driving licence
Desirable skills (but not essential):
· Ecological knowledge
· Chainsaw / brush cutter and small tool tickets
· Construction plant (excavators, dumpers, telehandler, tractor) tickets
· First Aid certificate
· Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card holders
We offer challenging and rewarding projects, the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and dynamic team and competitive rewards.
For an informal discussion please give Aaron McDonnell a call on 07810 400 434 or contact him via firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make an application, please submit your CV with a covering letter outlining your excavator experience to email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your CV.