- Fully quantitative electric fishing population surveys at seven sites;
- Macroinvertebrate sample collection at nine sites; and
- Macrophyte surveys at ten sites.
- Identified sites then successfully communicated and negotiated with land owners to arrange access.
- The combined experience of our multi-disciplined team allowed us to deliver three different surveys during one site visit providing cost efficiency.
- Applied for FR2 consent and communicated with the Environment Agency to ensure consent to electric fish was in place prior to survey.
- Multiple visits to same site were undertaken providing high quality snap shot of the aquatic ecology at the time of survey.
- Surveys delivered on time and within budget.
- High quality ecological data will be used to inform catchment wide water resource management decisions.