Flex MSE Bank Protection at Llyn Brenig Reservoir
Llyn Brenig Reservoir
Llyn Brenig Visitor Centre
- Coordinating the lowering of the reservoir water levels to allow safe working away from the water.
- Moving of the current stone bank protection to allow access to bank for Flex MSE installation.
- Installation of the Flex MSE wall with geotextile reinforced backfill.
- Hydroseeding the Flex MSE bags with a specially formulated seed mix to match the SSSI grassland.
- Protecting the integrity of the bank.
- Reinstating stone bank protection.
- Acting as designer and contractor we were able to deliver bespoke works with a flexible design approach.
- Use of specialist plant and equipment designed to mitigate the impact of works on the SSSI designated environment.
- Reinforced and strengthened the reservoir bank to prevent further erosion and undercutting.
- Increased flora along the bank face
- Low carbon footprint compared to other ‘hard’ revetment options.
- Five Rivers worked with the client to ensure minimal disturbance to the SSSI, Scheduled Ancient Monument nearby and to the public while managing a safe site.
- Worked alongside Principle Contractor
- Five Rivers are an approved supplier and installer of flex MSE. For more details see here.