Five Rivers Environmental Contracting Ltd is a specialist environmental contracting company with a head office located in the Woodford valley, Wiltshire. Founded in 1994, we have over 25 years of experience dedicated to nature conservation and habitat creation, restoration and management, particularly on environmentally sensitive and challenging sites. Due to our continuous and rapid growth we have an exciting opportunity available.
What it’s like to work here
Five Rivers is a forward-thinking company, and we offer a vast amount of experience in environmental consulting and management works. Within the operations team we have both permanent staff and subcontractors. We invest in staff development and as part of that we offer a £500 annual staff driven training budget. As a small company there are considerable opportunities for progression. We have an Employee of the Month scheme, photograph of the month award and an Annual Health & Wellbeing challenge, all contributing to a positive and rewarding place to work. Five-Rivers also offer employees the opportunity to join our NEST pension scheme.
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining a staff of 30 covering all areas of the UK, with a direct focus on delivering major environmental improvement projects. You will be responsible for the delivery of projects under the direct management of our site foreman and managers.
Every project we work on is unique, and Five Rivers prides itself on delivering the best possible environmental improvements on every site we work on. As a small company, every staff member has the opportunity to contribute to our growth.
Scope of work
- Working in waders / life jackets
- Bank protection installations using hydraulic post drivers
- Tree surgery, chainsaws & power tools
- Undertaking construction site roles
- Working around protected species and within sensitive wildlife sites
- Someone that can lead by example and have a keen eye for detail
- Valid CSCS card or equivalent
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Physically fit and highly motivated
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to stay away Monday – Friday
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- A positive can-do attitude
- A full clean UK driving licence
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Ecological knowledge
- Working towards CPCS
Competitive salary depending on experience, which will be reviewed on an annual basis. You will receive 20 days holiday, plus public bank holidays, with an additional day of leave accrued per year of service. The role will require periods of working away Monday-Friday, for which you will receive a staying away allowance and accommodation.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday 1st March 2019. We welcome applications before the closing date.