Electric Fishing Surveys
Various public, private and third sector
In 2016 our fish survey services took us across the UK, delivering monitoring for a diverse range of clients. Project objectives included;
- River restoration assessment (pre & post monitoring);
- Population assessment;
- Pollution investigations;
- Abstraction investigations; and
- Fish rescue and removal.
- Fisheries monitoring of river restoration projects is an essential tool for identifying success and failures in sustainable river management. Where possible we include ecological monitoring on our own restoration schemes as we feel a science led approach is invaluable.
- Our team has been available to provide rapid response for pollution investigation data collection, essential for providing an accurate assessment of impact.
- All survey data is collected to the highest of standards, in line with industry best practice and compliant with Water Framework Directive (WFD) methodology.
- Our post restoration monitoring has indicated an increase in brown trout Salmo trutta recruitment on a reach of the River Wensum SAC, restored by Five Rivers in 2015. We look forward to re-visiting the reaches restored by us in 2016.
- In our schedule for 2017 are return visits for post restoration monitoring to sites restored by our operations team in 2016 on the River Ash, River Cherwell, River Wensum, River Nar and the Hammer Stream.
- Our rapid deployment of our fish survey team in response to pollution incidents ensures we provide the most accurate snapshot of fish populations at the time of survey, essential for a true assessment of impact.