Planning & Development
The Environment Act 2021 outlines that all new developments must mitigate for loss or damage to habitat by delivering at least 10% biodiversity net gain, leaving the environment in a measurably better condition than before.
FiveRivers has been supporting planning and developers with delivery of environmental improvements as part of developments for over 25 years. Our services include:
- Early Contractor Involvement (ECI)
- Outline and detailed design
- Constructed wetlands
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- Nutrient Neutrality (NN)
- Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG
- Ecological Mitigation e.g. compensatory habitat
- Habitat Translocation
Frequent challenges face by planning and development include:
- the legislative framework for land management and the environment is complex and rapidly evolving. We are seeing changes to land management subsidies and the implementation of schemes such as mandatory biodiversity net gain and nutrient neutrality.
- The changing requirement for environment within developments can be difficult to understand and navigate when submitting planning and other statutory consents.
- the appreciation and valuation of our natural capital is becoming more important, and new funding streams are becoming available for delivery of nature-based solutions. Understanding what is possible and taking advantage of funding can be challenging.
- A lack of environmental and ecological understanding can often lead to a last minute rush to ensure legislative compliance, almost always increasing project costs.
FiveRivers can be your environmental business partner, with experienced environmental and ecological specialists on the end of the phone to drive your project forwards. the key to a successful project is to engage with us early on within the planning and development stage of a project.
We can support at any stage of your project, from initial scoping through to design and the construction phases, ensuring all planning conditions are met. We can also help you navigate the rapidly evolving environmental frameworks, not just mitigating risks but also highlighting opportunities and developing suitable cost effective environmental improvements .
FiveRivers has proven results undertaking monitoring, design and construction on schemes working with Avison Young Talyor Wimpey and Rydon Group to name a few.