Five Rivers Environmental Contracting Ltd is a specialist environmental contracting company with a head office located in the Avon valley, just north of Salisbury, Wiltshire. Founded in 1994, we have over twenty years of experience dedicated to nature conservation and habitat creation, restoration and management, particularly on environmentally sensitive and challenging sites. Works include River Restoration, Ecological Mitigation, Habitat Creation and Ecological Monitoring.
What it’s like to work here
Five Rivers is a rapidly expanding company and as our team continues to grow we are able to offer a vast amount of experience in all aspects of environmental consulting and management works. We have thirty permanent staff, plus a number of seasonal staff and subcontractors that work with us in various roles. As a member of this close-knit team you will be given the opportunity to take on direct responsibilities of different aspects of the business.
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining the ecology team covering work in all areas of the UK. Five Rivers provides ecological sampling and consultancy for freshwater ecosystems. Each of the team members has skills and specialities which allow for a vast range of knowledge and experience sharing. You will play a key role in delivering and supporting the ecological survey programmes and consultancy services which include: macroinvertebrate sampling and analysis; fisheries; macrophytes; water quality and protected species. You will work closely with our ecologists to ensure we successfully deliver projects to the high standards demanded by our clients. This is an exciting role for a graduate or someone early on in their career to gain valuable experience, with a clear progression within the company.
Who we’re looking for
- Someone based in our Salisbury office, with travel and staying away for surveying and sampling.
- A person with a love of the outdoors and knowledge of freshwater ecosystems and sampling/surveying methodology.
- Excellent organisation and IT skills to provide support with essential office-based tasks required for the efficient planning and delivery of projects.
- Completion of all projects to the required best practise standard.
- Positive attitude and a passion for the environment
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to prioritise workload in a busy workplace
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues, client and stakeholders
- Experience of working within a team
- A commitment to promoting Health, Safety and Wellbeing within the company
- A full clean UK driving licence
- Good time management and punctual
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
Desirable skills / qualifications
- BSc or MSc in related field
- Experience in using ArcGIS
- Ecological knowledge and interest in the outdoor environment
This position will have a starting salary of £17,000, which will be reviewed on an annual basis. You will receive 20 days holiday, plus public bank holidays, with an additional day of leave accrued per year of service. You will have an annual training budget of £500, exclusive of any initial training agreed. For the right candidate, there will be career progression depending on aspirations and suitability.
Email covering letter and CV to email@example.com.