Avon Turn Erosion Protection
Private Riparian Owner
- Re-grade remaining 40m of bank to a low level berm.
- Remove 3 poplars and 1 willow.
- Utilisation of poplar trees and willow as LWD and CWD to stabilise bank and provide fish habitat.
- Plant new low-level berm with a variety of native marginal species.
- Install 30m of oak revetment to create formal edge to lawn.
- Replace failing oak decking.
- Clearance of an old and failing concrete water control structure and drainage ditch.
- Reinstatement and seeding of lawn.
- Liaising with Wessex Water to help prevent damage to the sewage pipe running through client’s property.
- Delivered a high quality finish which allowed for increased flood capacity and habitats.
- Following pollution protection guidelines always.
- Protection of two silver birch trees on the bank top at the property.
- Access to decking all year round, due to the deck now being out of the flood zone.
- Client has a formal edge to their lawn.
- Increased flood capacity.
- Habitat enhancement for wildlife gain.
- Bank protection and erosion control.