Bank Reinstatement using Flex MSE Wall – Bartley, Hampshire
- Accessed river bank through private client’s back garden requiring appropriate planning due to restricted access.
- Hand dug foundation trench and prepared bank for installation of wall.
- Built up wall using Flex MSE geomodular bags.
- Backfilled behind bags in layers, compacting soil to create a strong and stable bank behind wall.
- Plug planted using marginals along the length of the wall with the aim of stabilising the wall for the future.
- Cost effective solution.
- Low carbon footprint compared to other ‘hard’ revetment options.
- Minimal impact on residents.
- Increased flora along the bank face.
Intrested in Flex MSE? Contact us today!
- Reinforced and strengthened river bank to prevent future erosion.
- Quick and effective remediation technique with an aesthetically pleasing finish.
- Permanent solution to bank erosion with a lifetime almost double that of concrete.
- For other examples of Flex MSE installations click here.