River Habitat Survey (RHS)
- The assessment was carried out by our in-house accredited surveyor following the standard RHS Protocol.
- Photographs were taken and NGRs noted at designated survey sections.
- The survey was carried out to very high standards of work in line with the RHS protocol.
- Strict health and safety procedure was adhered to throughout
- It was rewarding to revisit the site and clearly observe the difference that the enhancement works had made. We observed fish species across a variety of life stages
- In particular abundant fry were observed making good use of habitat, great numbers seen sheltering in the newly created berms.
- Monitoring data produced to quantify the quality of habitats present.
- In the enhanced reaches, improvements were observed in the river’s hydrogeomorphology.
- Increased habitat and flow diversity observed