River Lambourn remedial works
River Lambourn, West Berkshire
- Dredged material embankment regraded into the channel to create low-level marginal berms.
- Oversized gravel (44-150mm) toe installed at the edge of low-level marginal berms.
- Washed river gravels (<40mm) installed along impacted stretch of river to raise bed to pre-dredged levels.
- Oversized gravels were installed at the toe of low-level berms to stabilize and retain the loose materials.
- A silt trap was put in place to reduce sediment impact downstream.
- Regrading the riverbank permitted to create a stable riverbank, narrow the channel and line the riverbed. Moreover, it allowed to reinstate rhizomes and seed material that were stripped during dredging.
- Enhanced the riparian environment for local wildlife, improved the aesthetic value for resident and increased erosion control.