Large scale fish removal
Chalton water recycling centre
- Captured fish for fish health check using electric fishing
- Consultation on results of fish health sample
- Systematically fish the lagoons using the multi method approach.
- Safely deliver fish to the receiving site.
- Our professional team worked well to achieve our targets in a challenging environment
- Due to heavy silt in some of the lagoons, a combination of electro-fishing and seine netting was used to maximise the number of fish caught.
- Water chemical parameters were tested at the receiving site to ensure the welfare of the fish being released was maintained.
- Adhered to strict site CDM regulations and conditions of Environment Agency (EA) consents.
- All fish moved under EA supplier permit.
- Over 500kg of mirror and common carp were successfully translocated.
- Targeting one lagoon at a time, we fished each one until depleted before moving on to the next.
- All fish transported safely using transport tank supplied with diffused oxygen to the receiving site. Fish welfare monitored throughout transport.
- Fish were introduced to a receptor site with excellent habitat, natural food and space to thrive.