Pentney Abbey River Restoration, River Nar
Pentney Abbey and local landowners
- Installed river gravels to form riffles and selectively raise bed level.
- Installed large scale berms comprised of gravels, brushwood and soil.
- Minor tree works to facilitate access as part of landowner agreements.
- Landowner engagement throughout the project.
- Maintained public access during works.
- Delivered fish habitat, flow diversity and improved wet margin ecosystems.
- Improved the existing, over-widened channel, creating a sinuous channel from natural materials.
- Significant habitat improvements to previously featureless channel.
- We worked closely with local landowners to minimise impact and ensure our works benefited all stakeholders.
- The installation of river gravels provided new habitat for fish spawning and better conditions for water voles.
- Five Rivers are national experts in the design and construction of river restoration schemes, get in touch to see how we can help with your project.